Why must we be so critical about the current Ottawa real estate market, Its a great time to buy and sell
Just read Steve Maich's article about the so-called real estate "mania" and I am quite surprised at the simplicity of his opinions on this wonderful, exciting seller's market.
I may be a tad biased as a Real Estate Agent in Ottawa, but the value of owning property in Ottawa is a great investment! I was a little disturbed by Maich's feelings towards the housing market here in Ottawa being compared to such areas as Detroit where the unemployment rate is significant and crippling, and owning a car is not at all the same responsibility as owning land, as the value of a ten year old home does not depreciate in value at any alarming rate like a ten year old car does.
Needless to say, I was not impressed with the notion that putting more money into the banking system is the best return on my investment - its just an easy solution with very little security from possible future corporate corruption or government tax law changes.
Simply put, my house is tangible, I can touch it, fix it and call it my own - I need to live somewhere and therefore its value is priceless :)
blog comments powered by Disqus
Recent Blog Posts
- Do I Need Title Insurance to Buy a House?
- What Else Can Your Realtor Do For You?
- Tips for Relocating to Ottawa
- What Counts as a Bedroom?
- The Psychology of Staging a Home
- Why do Real Estate Lawyers Cost so Much?
- Buying Investment Property in Ottawa
- Before you say yes to mortgage insurance, consider a product designed to protect you and your loved ones – not your lender.
- How to Prepare to Meet with a Listing Agent
- How to Read Between the Lines on Realtor.ca