Have Fun at Home this Halloween
Very soon we’ll be welcoming trick-or-treaters to our doors again! Here are some of our favorite tips to prepare your home for the visits of little ghouls and goblins this year.
Light Your Pathway
Do you have a paved or gravel pathway leading to your front door? Make sure trick-or-treaters and their parents can see it by placing lights along the path. You can do this with simple battery-powered lights, artificial candles, or even a string of holiday lights.
Tidy the Leaves
We’re so lucky to enjoy beautiful autumn colors in Ottawa, but fallen leaves can build up into a slippery layer of debris, particularly if it has been raining around Halloween. Prevent slips and falls by sweeping or raking fallen leaves away from your driveway and footpaths.
Shine a Light
Let trick-or-treaters know you’re welcoming their visit by turning on your porch lights. Keeping the light fixture clean will mean it shines its brightest, and our children will be a little safer for it.
Remember to Social Distance!
We hope that by this time next year, “Where is your mask?” will be a question we only ask on Halloween. Stay safe out there, keeping a healthy distance and showing respect to fellow trick-or-treaters. Have fun!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Recent Blog Posts
- Ottawa's New Vacant Property Bylaw
- Should I Add Green Updates to My Home?
- Selling A Home After Separation
- Should I Install a HEPA Filter at Home?
- How to Safely Hang Holiday Lights
- How to Winterize Your House
- Have Fun at Home this Halloween
- Leverage your Realtor's Insight as You Downsize
- How we Help Our Clients Transition to New Homes
- Are You Ready to Downsize?