Blog Post Archive for 2017
There is a constant debate about whether it’s better to put 20% or more down on a home or if you have 5% down ready, that you should jump into home ownership. We don’t believe there is truly a right or wrong answer to that. The change in your monthly payments between the two options is typically minimal, especially with your first home, remember, these payments are spread out over 25 years!Continue Reading
We hear this from clients all of the time: I need to live downtown, so I’m close to grocery stores, coffee shops, etc. The suburbs may not be able to give you the same lifestyle, however you may not have to be right downtown either.Continue Reading
As I was sitting watching the Red Blacks battle the undefeated Edmonton Eskimos I couldn’t help but notice that most balconies that faced the field in the Minto condo were full of fans. The revitalized Landsdowne complex that connects the Glebe to Old Ottawa South has really encompassed the Live, Work, Play motto that developers are pushing in order to limit urban sprawl and puts the fun in functional!Continue Reading
When the market is hot--like Ottawa’s is right now--competition for properties is tight and multiple offer scenarios becomes more common.Continue Reading
The stats for June are IN: average sale prices are up, and inventory is low. Now is a great time to list with us--let's talk about your home!Continue Reading
Recent Blog Posts
- Do I Need Title Insurance to Buy a House?
- What else can your realtor do for you?
- Tips for Relocating to Ottawa
- What counts as a bedroom?
- The Psychology of Staging a Home
- Why do Real Estate Lawyers Cost so Much?
- Buying Investment Property in Ottawa
- Before you say yes to mortgage insurance, consider a product designed to protect you and your loved ones – not your lender.
- How to Prepare to Meet with a Listing Agent
- How to Read Between the Lines on Realtor.ca