Trendy isn't just downtown anymore
We hear this from clients all of the time: I need to live downtown, so I’m close to grocery stores, coffee shops, etc. The suburbs may not be able to give you the same lifestyle, however you may not have to be right downtown either.
Especially for first time home buyers, the reality is downtown prices don’t match the budget. That said, minutes from downtown you can be in areas such as Carlingwood that now has a Bridgehead (where I currently sit typing this), plus the Carlingwood Mall, transit nearby and various other stores with every convenience of downtown without the pricetag. The average home price in this area is currently $526,321, 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and the majority are detached homes with large lots.* Comparing this to the Glebe for example, you would be expecting an average price of $810,299, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.**
It is possible to make small sacrifices and still have the home of your dreams with the lifestyle you love. We play matchmaker to lifestyles and homes, so call us today to see what we match you up with!
*Areas 5103 and 5201
**Areas 4401 and 4402
blog comments powered by Disqus
Recent Blog Posts
- Do I Need Title Insurance to Buy a House?
- What Else Can Your Realtor Do For You?
- Tips for Relocating to Ottawa
- What Counts as a Bedroom?
- The Psychology of Staging a Home
- Why do Real Estate Lawyers Cost so Much?
- Buying Investment Property in Ottawa
- Before you say yes to mortgage insurance, consider a product designed to protect you and your loved ones – not your lender.
- How to Prepare to Meet with a Listing Agent
- How to Read Between the Lines on Realtor.ca