Blog Post Archive for Category Real Estate Tips
What counts as a bedroom? Realtors must answer this question each time they list a property, as misrepresenting a home can have serious consequences.
City of Ottawa by-law defines a bedroom as "a room used or designed for use primarily for sleeping." Sounds like a no-brainer, right? By-law also regulates ...Continue Reading
When the time comes to sell your home, your Realtor may recommend staging the property before putting it on the market. It’s a lot of work to make your home look like it’s ready for a magazine photo shoot. The rewards are worth all that hard work, though, and we’ll tell you why.
When buying a home, it's important to have a lawyer review the agreement and handle the necessary registrations. But why does this service cost so much? Is it really worth the money to hire a real estate lawyer for your purchase?Continue Reading
So you're thinking about selling your home, and you've invited a Realtor to see your property and discuss your options for putting it on the market. This first meeting is pivotally important for a few reasonsContinue Reading
More and more, our clients shop online before and during their search for a new home, but there are words and phrases you should keep an eye out for. These are the clues that a listing might require some further investigation.Continue Reading
Recent Blog Posts
- What counts as a bedroom?
- The Psychology of Staging a Home
- Why do Real Estate Lawyers Cost so Much?
- Buying Investment Property in Ottawa
- Before you say yes to mortgage insurance, consider a product designed to protect you and your loved ones – not your lender.
- How to Prepare to Meet with a Listing Agent
- How to Read Between the Lines on Realtor.ca
- How to Shop for a House in a Sellers’ Market
- Introducing McKeller Park!
- Bel Air Tremblant