It is that time of year when many of us retreat to a cottage in order to get away from the chaos of the city and our work lives. Is this the year that you are in the market to purchase a recreational property? We are here to help with some of the questions you should be asking yourself:
- What are you looking for in the property? Is a lake to fish on the most important? Or maybe you need one that close to mountain biking trails and snow shoeing or skiing in the winter.
- How many seasons you would need access for? Will the access roads be plowed?
- Who will be caring for the property when you’re not there? Will you be able to get away to the cottage often enough to make sure that the lawn is mowed and storm debris is cleared?
- Will this be an income property as well? Will you rent it out privately or use a service?
- Have you consulted with your mortgage specialist in order to see if there are special financing considerations to take into account?
- Will you be buying with family? Is that a good idea?
Patience is key, it can take a long time to find the right fit and it can take a long time to sell.
No matter what stage you are in for this process we are happy to answer your questions, connect you with professionals in the field and help find your realtor in cottage country for you.
Have a wonderful summer,
Dana Palombo, Sales Representative