How We’re Protecting Our Clients During COVID-19
As Ontario measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 change over time, our team is adapting the way we operate in order to better protect our clients and their families. New information becomes available to us on a regular basis, and we will adjust our safety protocols as required by the ongoing health concern. Realtors are considered essential workers in Ontario and we are committed to serving our clients needs while also helping to flatten the curve. We would like to share our current practices with you so you can feel comfortable in your real estate decisions during this uncertain time.
For All Our Clients
We are happy to meet with you via phone or video chat to discuss your real estate needs, or in person at our office. All visitors to our office are required to wear a mask at all times, and comply with sanitation protocols. We are also using electronic signature software to minimize the need for in-person interactions, and accepting deposits via wireless banking. At this time we are limiting in-person visits to our office to the signatories of transactions, and ask that you make arrangements for childcare.
We are also working in conjunction with real estate lawyers to coordinate the safe transfer of funds, keys, and essential documents during transaction closings.
In situations where meeting face-to-face is essential, our policy is:
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet)
- Drive to the meeting location separately (i.e. we cannot carpool with you at this time)
- Refrain from handshakes or other bodily contact, and sit far enough apart to maintain social distance.
- Wear a mask that completely covers the nose and mouth when indoors, particularly when physical distancing is a challenge.
Our team continues to list properties, both exclusively and on Realtor.ca. Prior to listing, we conduct in-depth review of our protocols and policies with our clients. Our goal is to help our clients feel confident in their decision to list their homes, knowing that safety procedures are in place for their protection and the protection of the public.
These are the new safety protocols in place at all our listings until further notice:
- We no longer conduct open houses.
- We no longer allow overlapping showing appointments. All visitors must submit a declaration of their current health status and recent travel history prior to viewing the property, and must be represented by a Realtor.
- We provide PPE, sanitizer, and post signage encouraging potential buyers to avoid touching surfaces wherever possible.
- We provide digital feature sheets to minimize the number of surfaces a potential buyer may touch.
If you have concerns you wish to discuss over the phone, please leave your information in the contact form below and we will happily set up a time to call you.
Looking to Buy a Home?
To our clients who are currently looking for the right home, we are still showing properties and taking precautions to do so safely. These are our current safety protocols for home shopping:
- We ask that you refrain from booking showings if you are feeling unwell.
- Only book in-person showings of properties you believe you want to make an offer to purchase. By visiting only the homes that meet your personal criteria, you’ll help minimize the risk of transmission.
- When visiting properties, please take care to wear a mask, touch as few surfaces as possible, make use of sanitizer, and practice social distancing of 6 feet.
- As few people as possible should attend in-person showings, and no children.
- We are happy to consult with you over the phone instead of in person wherever possible, and can conduct virtual showings via video chat.
We’re Here to Help
We are here to support you at this time, and kindly ask for your cooperation in keeping our team, our clients, and our community safe.
For more information about the COVID-19 virus and precautionary measures, we recommend visiting the Health Canada website or consulting the World Health Organization for global updates.
Page last update June 8, 2020