How We’re Protecting Our Clients During COVID-19
As Ontario measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 change over time, our team is adapting the way we operate in order to better protect our clients and their families. New information becomes available to us on a regular basis, and we will adjust our safety protocols as required by the ongoing health concern. Realtors are considered essential workers in Ontario and we are committed to serving our clients needs while also helping to flatten the curve. We would like to share our current practices with you so you can feel comfortable in your real estate decisions during this uncertain time.
For All Our Clients
We are happy to meet with you via phone or video chat to discuss your real estate needs, or in person. We offer the option of using electronic signature software to minimize the need for in-person interactions, and accept deposits via wireless banking.
In situations where meeting face-to-face is essential, our policy is:
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet)
- Drive to the meeting location separately (i.e. we cannot carpool with you at this time)
- Refrain from handshakes or other bodily contact, and sit far enough apart to maintain social distance.
- We recommend wearing a mask that completely covers the nose and mouth when indoors, particularly when physical distancing is a challenge.
Our team continues to list properties, both exclusively and on Realtor.ca. If you have concerns you wish to discuss over the phone, please leave your information in the contact form below and we will happily set up a time to call you.
Looking to Buy a Home?
To our clients who are currently looking for the right home, we are still showing properties and taking precautions to do so safely. These are our current safety protocols for home shopping:
- We ask that you refrain from booking showings if you are feeling unwell.
- Only book in-person showings of properties you believe you want to make an offer to purchase. By visiting only the homes that meet your personal criteria, you’ll help minimize the risk of transmission.
- When visiting properties we encourage our clients to wear a mask if they choose, touch as few surfaces as possible, make use of sanitizer, and practice social distancing of 6 feet.
- We are happy to consult with you over the phone instead of in person wherever possible, and can conduct virtual showings via video chat.
We’re Here to Help
We are here to support you at this time, and kindly ask for your cooperation in keeping our team, our clients, and our community safe.
For more information about the COVID-19 virus and precautionary measures, we recommend visiting the Health Canada website or consulting the World Health Organization for global updates.
Page last update June 8, 2020